The Peanut oil originally from Central America, and was widely spread in the European and Asian countries by the European explorers.
With the increasing health concerns throughout the world, people have become more conscious with their diet.
Avoiding fried and oily foods is the first dietary rule followed by the health conscious people.
But we do have certain "health-friendly" oils available to satisfy the craving for the delicious French fries and spicy fried turkey.
One such oil comes from Peanuts which is also known as Groundnuts. The Peanut oil originally from Central America, and was widely spread in the European and Asian countries by the European explorers.
Today, peanut oil is used in many countries not only for cooking, but it is also used for making medicines and as a pin ailment. ADVERTISEMENT Health Benefits Of Peanut Oil The pale yellow coloured oil is generally of four types, refined, unrefined, cold pressed or roasted.
It may have a pleasant nutty aroma with a sweet to neutral taste depending on its type. Focusing more on the health benefits, peanut oil is used to lower cholesterol and prevent heart diseases. It is also used to decrease appetite as an aid to weight loss. If I had to make a list of some of the prominent health benefits of peanut oil, it would be something like this:
1. The "Heart Friendly" Oil - Peanut Oil, when compared to other oils have a high content of "mono saturated" fats. These fats help reduce the "bad cholesterol" or LDL content and increase the "good cholesterol" or DHL content in the blood, thus preventing heart ailments.
2. The "Healthy Fry" - Peanut oil has a high smoke point, making it the best option for deep frying.
The high smoke point also ensures in lower oil pick up in the food, hence making fried food healthier.
3. The "Vitamin E bulk" -Another health benefit of peanut oil is, it has valuable amounts of Vitamin E, which is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant, required for maintaining the integrity of cell membranes, mucus membranes and skin. This is done by protecting it from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
4. The "Fatty acid hub" - Peanut oil has high contents of fatty acids, especially linoleic acid also known as omega -6. This benefit makes peanut oil one of the healthiest oils for cooking.
5. The "Fat free" - Peanut oil is naturally trans-fat free. It has low amount of saturated fats and high amount of unsaturated oil which makes it healthier.
6. The "Disease Ailment" - Peanut oil is supposed to have antioxidants like esveratrol which has been found to have protective function against cancers, heart disease, degenerative nerve disease, Alzheimer's disease, and viral/fungal infections.
Due to the above health benefits, peanut oil is a very healthy cooking oil as compared to other available for use.